How to take your test
This saliva test will not tell you if you have had the virus in the past, and a negative result does not protect you from catching it in the future. If you are participating in the programme, you still need to follow government guidelines, including social distancing, face coverings and washing your hands regularly.
You can find full instructions with illustrations in the leaflet in your test pack. Please follow these carefully.
- take your test as soon as possible after you wake up
- keep the completed test and bag at room temperature until you are ready to return it
- return your test as soon as possible, ideally within a few hours of taking it, and certainly within 12 hours
- have anything to eat, drink, brush your teeth or use a mouthwash before taking your test
- store your test kits or completed samples near direct heat