How to provide your sample
This saliva test will not tell you if you have had the virus in the past, and a negative result does not protect you from catching it in the future. If you are participating in the programme, you still need to follow government guidelines, including social distancing, face coverings and washing your hands regularly.
You can find full instructions with illustrations in the leaflet in your test pack. Please follow these carefully.
- provide your sample as soon as possible after you wake up
- store the saliva testing kit at room temperature (4°C to 25°C)
- return your test as soon as possible, ideally within a few hours of taking it, and certainly within 12 hours
- have anything to eat, drink, brush your teeth or use a mouthwash before providing your sample
- store your saliva collection kit or completed samples in a fridge or freezer
- store your saliva collection kit or completed samples near direct heat or in direct sunlight